NH Fire Service and Emergency Medical Services Committee of Merit awarded Bartlett Fire Captain Travis Chick a Fire Unit Citation Award at a ceremony held on Monday, September 28, 2015 at the Concord Auditorium in Concord, NH. The award was presented to Chick for his actions during a fire at the Woodland Pines condominiums last April when he saved the life of the resident who was occupying the unit. Bartlett Police Officer Cheryl Harris and Jackson Fire Captain Anthony Giovanni were also recognized for their efforts at this fire. Congratulations Travis, Cheryl and Anthony!
Hello, residents and guests! Our website has undergone a major transformation in the last couple of weeks. We have been working hard to get it in place, train the town staff, setup new email accounts and load it with current and accurate information. While we’re still not done, we’re well on our way!
We will continue to post updates here as we add functionality, but some of the main improvements are worth mentioning right away:
- Our new website is a collaborative project between the Selectmen and local volunteers and is being developed at no cost to the taxpayers!
- Our new site allows our office staff to manage information and downloadable documents without having to contact a web developer. This will help us streamline document delivery, as well as provide a more consistent experience for you as our visitor. We are actively working on the downloads section as a top priority, adding and organizing documents as quickly as possible. Please bear with us during this transition and if you are looking for something you can’t find, please use our contact form to request it.
- Our new Contact Page allows visitors to write to the Town Offices from the website, even if they don’t have their own email address. These messages are monitored by the Selectmen’s Office.
- Our new Town Map page will assist out-of-town visitors with a map to town office and service locations. Driving directions can be generated by clicking on the map pins and/or using the form below the map.
- Our new website is mobile device friendly, meaning visitors will be able to find information from your smartphone or tablet with fewer hassles.
- Town Offices and Services pages have a template to make it easy for you to find the most common info you’ll need. Addresses, contact information and hours are on the right side of each page in a green box. Town Office pages also have a “Last Updated” date tag in the lower left to help you ensure the information is current.
- We have integrated with Google+ and Google Local business to make even more of the basic information available more easily. Hours and contact information, for example, for each office or department will appear in local searches in Google Maps.
- We have integrated with Facebook and Twitter, and while we will not actively be posting on either social network, our website will cross-post updates to those two locations to make it easier on folks who prefer to use those formats or would like notifications of new postings. When a new post is made on the Town of Bartlett website, a summary post and link will be posted to our Town of Bartlett Facebook page. In addition the title of the post and a link to it will be tweeted to our @BartlettTownNH Twitter feed. If you use either of these services, please follow the social links at the top right of the site and Like or Follow us to be notified of the most recent posts.
We look forward to bringing you even more with the new site and we welcome constructive comments or feedback via our Contact Form.